Chicken and Asparagus
With this recipe, you'll see fancy foods don't necessarily mean a lot of fuss. These "bundles" are prepared in no time and bake in the oven for a quick tasty dinner.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Hot cooked white and wild rice blend, optional
- Cut each chicken breast half into 1/2-in. wide strips. Wrap two or
- three strips around three asparagus spears. Repeat with the
- remaining chicken and asparagus. Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. combine salad dressing, soy sauce, ginger, salt if
- desired and pepper. Pour over the chicken bundles. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with sesame seeds and
- bake 15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over
- rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with reduce-fat salad dressing and low-sodium soy sauce, without added salt and served without rice) equals 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable; also, 22 calories, 283 mg sodium, 73 cholesterol, 7 gm carbohydrate, 31 gm protein, 8 gm fat.