Chicken and Asparagus Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Hot cooked white and wild rice blend, optional
- 1. Cut each chicken breast half into 1/2-in. wide strips. Wrap two or three strips around three asparagus spears. Repeat with the remaining chicken and asparagus. Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. combine salad dressing, soy sauce, ginger, salt if desired and pepper. Pour over the chicken bundles. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake 15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 222 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable.
Reviews for Chicken and Asparagus
"This was good. I liked it, but my husband loved it. Will make it again."
"Very good. Doubled the sauce"
"Really really liked this recipe. Will be making it again soon. It was easy and very yummy. I just put my extra asparagus on top and baked it right along with the chicken rolls. It was all fabulous!"
"I added one small variant, we wrapped these with prosciutto! Excellent dish!!!!"
"Amazing! I have not made a lot of recipes with asparagus, but the ones I have, I did not care for. My husband was very happy that I found one that tastes great! My chicken did turn out a little dry, but I think it is because I forgot to cover the dish for the first 25 minutes. I will definitely make this again. Quick, simple and delicious. Next time, I think I will double the sauce and try marinating the chicken in half of the sauce before cooking it."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.