Chicken and Asparagus Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Hot cooked white and wild rice blend, optional
- 1. Cut each chicken breast half into 1/2-in. wide strips. Wrap two or three strips around three asparagus spears. Repeat with the remaining chicken and asparagus. Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. combine salad dressing, soy sauce, ginger, salt if desired and pepper. Pour over the chicken bundles. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake 15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with reduce-fat salad dressing and low-sodium soy sauce, without added salt and served without rice) equals 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable; also, 22 calories, 283 mg sodium, 73 cholesterol, 7 gm carbohydrate, 31 gm protein, 8 gm fat.
Reviews for Chicken and Asparagus
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.