- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 20 fresh asparagus spears (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-inch. Wrap each around five asparagus spears; secure with toothpicks. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the oil, lemon juice and seasonings; pour over bundles. Cover asparagus tips with foil.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the onions. Bake 12-15 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove bundles to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove toothpicks. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Asparagus Bundles
Sort By :
"One of our favorite ways to use asparagus."
"Very good. I also only used three/four asparagus per bundle. Served it with diced grilled colorful potatoes, everyone LOVED it."
"This recipe did not have much of a taste.....was very disappointed!! Would not make again!"
"Very tasty. I only used 3 asparagus spears per bundle. I omitted the green onions and instead sprinkled with fresh minced chives right before serving."
"Chicken and Asparagus are one of our favorites and we loved it! It was also really good the next day reheated. Absolutely loved it!!"