- 4 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in remaining oil until tender; add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the tomatoes, artichokes, salt and chicken. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in basil. Drain pasta; serve with chicken mixture and cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Artichoke Pasta
"Definitely will add garlic, but an easy, tasty meal!"
"I was looking for a chicken/Artichoke recipe and I tried this one. My husband and I loved it. However, I did add some garlic to the mushrooms and onions , a second can of tomatoes, and definitely used wine. After reading these reviews, I might try using marinated artichokes instead of the water-packed."
"according to family-it's awesome!!"
"I think I will add some garlic next time."
"Very good. Makes a lot!!!"
"I thought it could be more saucy so luckily I had two cans of diced tomatoes in the pantry which I added. I also added some shredded mozzeralla cheese and to save some time I used the pre-packged grilled italian chicken strips."
"My husband and I loved this recipe! Full of flavor and not too heavy."
"My husband & I loved this dish! I added a couple cloves of garlic and extra basil for more flavor!"
"Recipe looks wonderful. Will give a try. However, what struck me in the reviews is from IBake2. Loved your photo of mt. scene. Am amateur oil painter and would love to painter this scene. Can you send to email@example.com if possible?"