The artichokes make a nice add-in to this velvety chicken Alfredo. It goes together in a half hour...so it's great for weeknights or entertaining.—Priscilla Yee, Concord, California
- 1/2 pound uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the milk, cream cheese and salt to skillet; cook and stir until smooth. Stir in the artichoke hearts, red pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Drain fettuccine. Stir in sauce and chicken; heat through. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Artichoke Fettuccine Alfredo in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p92
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Artichoke Fettuccine Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review