Chicken and Artichoke Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 1/2 pound uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the milk, cream cheese and salt to skillet; cook and stir until smooth. Stir in the artichoke hearts, red pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Drain fettuccine. Stir in sauce and chicken; heat through. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Artichoke Fettuccine Alfredo(4)
Sort By :
very good and very easy;)
Loved this one, I'm always trying to find new ways to use artichokes. I love them. I always use the fresh whenever possible. I love to deep fry the fronds and eat them like chips.
Could this be made with skim milk and fat free cream cheese? Just wondering if it would change the sauce consistency or not.
I had completely forgotten about this recipe and we loved it before. I have everything on hand except I have a little jar of artichokes which I'll rinse off to use. Almost everything in this recipe is either low sodium or can easily be substituted. I can't wait!
More Recipe Collections
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Pasta >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Alfredo >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >