- not burn). Add onion, peppers and celery; cook and stir for 2-3
- minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- Gradually add water and stock. Stir in the sausage, Worcestershire
- sauce, bay leaves, chicken and the remaining Cajun seasoning, salt
- and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1
- hour or until chicken is very tender.
- Remove chicken from pan; cool slightly. Skim fat from soup and
- discard bay leaves. Shred chicken and return to soup; heat through.
- Discard bones. Serve gumbo over rice; top with green onions. Yield:
- 9 servings (3-1/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups (calculated without rice) equals 544 calories, 39 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 175 mg cholesterol, 1,514 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 39 g protein.