Chicken Amandine Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice
- 2-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen french-style green beans, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add rice with contents of seasoning packet and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Uncover; set aside to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, green beans, soup, 1/2 cup of almonds, pimientos, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in rice.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining almonds. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 297 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 912mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Chicken Amandine
"added celery and carrots with the onions. Added sherry to the soup"
"Easy and delicious."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.