Chicken Amandine for Four
These chicken breasts are coated with a nicely seasoned nut mixture. While they bake, you can prepare the rest of your meal.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a food processor, cover and process almonds until finely chopped.
- Place in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread
- crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. In a third bowl, beat the eggs and
- Roll chicken in crumb mixture, then dip in egg mixture and roll in
- almonds. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25
- minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 355 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic