- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice
- 2-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add rice with contents of seasoning packet and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Uncover; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, green beans, soup, 1/2 cup of almonds, pimientos, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in rice.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining almonds. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chicken Amandine
Sort By :
added celery and carrots with the onions. Added sherry to the soup
Easy and delicious.