Chicken Alphabet Soup Recipe
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked alphabet pasta
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, saute the carrots, celery and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, chicken and thyme. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Chicken Alphabet Soup(3)
Sort By :
I made a half of batch, only had carrots on hand yet it was a hit with my family. I will definitely make it again!
Great recipe, thanks for sharing Sarah!
I used spiral pasta instead of alphabet pasta and it turned out really well. Super easy to make and the kids and husband enjoyed it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >