Chicken Alphabet Soup Recipe
I'm a teenager and love to make this fun chicken soup for my family. It makes me so happy when they tell me how much they like it! —Sarah Mackey, New Smyrna Beach, Florida
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked alphabet pasta
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the carrots, celery and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, chicken and thyme. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup equals 163 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 828 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC