Chicken Alphabet Soup Recipe
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked alphabet pasta
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the carrots, celery and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, chicken and thyme. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup equals 163 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 828 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Alphabet Soup
"I made a half of batch, only had carrots on hand yet it was a hit with my family. I will definitely make it again!"
"Great recipe, thanks for sharing Sarah!"
"I used spiral pasta instead of alphabet pasta and it turned out really well. Super easy to make and the kids and husband enjoyed it."