- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 bottle (14 ounces) ketchup
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- Hot cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix ketchup, soup, green pepper, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard; stir in pineapple. Pour over chicken.
Bake, uncovered, 25-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Serve with rice.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chicken mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chicken Aloha
"We made the recipe exactly has it was and it turned out delicious. The chicken was tender and moist and the tangy, sweet sauce was perfect. I plan to try it again using the slow cooker!"
"Very tasty. I used all the pineapple in a 20 oz. can and half the liquid. Also, a touch more brown sugar. Turned out just right."
"This recipe is nice since it's so different. I would like it to be a little sweeter so next time I make it I will double the pineapple. Then it would be perfect."
"My mother in law recently came to live with us after suffering a stroke. I have been looking for simple and flavorful recipes that are easy on the older palate. She gave this one a thumbs up for taste. I give it a HUGE thumbs up for ease of preparation, presentation and flavorful for all palate types. I added green onions after I pulled it out of the oven and I also added a little dried ginger to the sauce. PRIMO!!"
"I ended up with a lot of sauce. I did use tomato sauce instead of the canned tomato soup, because I did not have any on hand. I also used crushed pineapple instead of chunks for the same reason. I really enjoyed this recipe!"