This chicken is a welcome way to cook a quick, delicious meal.—Beth Corbin, Sarasota, Florida
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 bottle (14 ounces) ketchup
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- Hot cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix ketchup, soup, green pepper, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard; stir in pineapple. Pour over chicken.
Bake, uncovered, 25-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Serve with rice.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chicken mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Aloha in Country Woman September/October 1991, p35
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chicken Aloha
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review