Chicken Almondine Recipe
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 7 ounces sage and onion stuffing
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large skillet, saute celery, green pepper and onion in butter until tender; remove from the heat. Add chicken, rice, broth, peas, pimientos, salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Combine soup and mayonnaise; spread over chicken mixture. For topping, combine stuffing and almonds; sprinkle over casserole. Drizzle with butter.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 680 calories, 46 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 1,308 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Almondine
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.