Bright broccoli, zucchini and sweet red pepper lend fresh taste to this rich chicken and pasta entree. Cream cheese makes the smooth sauce a snap to stir up. —Jody Stewart, Goldsboro, North Carolina
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 6 ounces cooked fettuccine
- In a large skillet over low heat, melt cream cheese and butter; stir
- until smooth. Add the milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook and
- stir for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the chicken, broccoli, zucchini and red pepper. Cook over medium
- heat for 3 minutes. Reduce heat; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or
- until vegetables are tender. Serve with fettuccine. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 353 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.