If you've never grilled apples before, here's your excuse to start. I created this Alfredo-style chicken for a party. By the number of recipe requests, I knew it was a hit. —Richard Robinson, Park Forest, Illinois
Featured In: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons chicken seasoning
- 1 large Braeburn or Gala apple, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce, warmed
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with chicken seasoning. In a small bowl, toss apple wedges with lemon juice.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Grill apple, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Top chicken with provolone cheese; cook, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve chicken with Alfredo sauce and apple. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Alfredo with Grilled Apples in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Alfredo with Grilled Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review