Chicken Alfredo Veggie Pizza Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic-herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Dash white pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, seasoning blend, whole wheat flour and 2-1/4 cups bread flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- 3. Punch dough down; roll into a 15-in. circle. Sprinkle cornmeal over a 14-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Transfer dough to prepared pan; build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the chicken, spinach, Parmesan cheese, pepper and remaining salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until spinach is wilted.
- 5. Spread sauce over crust; top with remaining ingredients. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheeses are melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 317 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Alfredo Veggie Pizza
"Delicious! I used garlic powder and Italian seasoning in the crust, no tomato or pepper (didn't have any), but added Feta cheese. Yum!"
"Decided to make a roux of 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp flour and then make the sauce. Everyone loved the flavor. A definite keeper!"
"I made this pizza using a refrigerated pizza crust that ended being to thin, so I would either buy one premade or buy ready pizza dough, because I don't have time to make my own. It takes a while to get all the ingredients ready but it's worth it. Very tasty and filling."
"This takes a bit of time to prepare but it was well worth it. I didn't have bread flour so I used regular white flour. The alfredo sauce is delicious. I used meat from a rotisserie chicken. Delicious!"