- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3-1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon oil. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, saute mushrooms in remaining oil until tender; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta, 1-1/2 cups Parmesan, mozzarella and seasonings.
- Drain and rinse pasta with cold water; stuff each shell with about 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken and mushrooms.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add cream; cook 5 minutes longer. Add 1-1/2 cups Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until thickened.
- Pour sauce over the casserole. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- If desired, cover and freeze unbaked shells for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen shells: Thaw in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Bake as directed. Yield: 10 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Sort By :
"These were amazing! I thought they were a bit time consuming, but worth making again. I followed other people's advice and cut back on the Parmesan to about two and a half cups. I didn't have parsley flakes. I used precooked Perdue chicken strips( my store was out of boneless chicken breasts). They were very good! My picky husband even said they were good enough to make again and then he went back for seconds. Big compliment! Thanks for the recipe!!!!"
"This recipe was delicious! Yummy comfort. My whole family loved it. "It's a keeper" they said. It was easy to put together so it will go into the stick-to-yer-ribs comfort file."
"Easy & delicious! Perfect dish for a weekday after work!"
"Definitely a meal to be only be made occasionally due to the fat content but yummy! I think the next time I will follow others' advice and cut down a bit on the parmesan cheese but will certainly make again."
"I made this for company and it was absolutly delicious!! Everybody had seconds and loved it!!!"