Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3-1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon oil. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, saute mushrooms in remaining oil until tender; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta, 1-1/2 cups Parmesan, mozzarella and seasonings.
- 3. Drain and rinse pasta with cold water; stuff each shell with about 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken and mushrooms.
- 4. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add cream; cook 5 minutes longer. Add 1-1/2 cups Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until thickened.
- 5. Pour sauce over the casserole. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- 6. If desired, cover and freeze unbaked shells for up to 1 month.
- 7. To use frozen shells: Thaw in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Bake as directed. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup equals 684 calories, 45 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 195 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.