- 1 mini French bread baguette (5 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup canned mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place bread, cut side up, on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute chicken in oil and 1 teaspoon butter until no longer pink. Add the mushrooms, salt, garlic powder and pepper; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, Parmesan cheese and remaining butter; spread over bread halves. Top with chicken mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Alfredo Stromboli
Sort By :
"Oh wow--this is wonderful!"
"I made this with fresh mushrooms and steamed fresh broccoli! it is one of my favs!"
"The first time that I fixed this recipe, I was in a hurry in the store and trying to think of something fast to fix and this recipe came to mind. I used some "everything frecnch bread" because it was marked down half price in the bakery, I also switched to fresh portabella mushrooms which made it better than the can mushrooms. They just take a little longer to cook, so you have to saute them in the oils a little longer to tenderize them. I also got a bag of that tyson pre-cooked chicken cubes since I was in a hurry, but everything else I followed exact. I really didn't think that a sourcream sauce would be good on a sandwich, but I was plesantly suprised. This was really good and even better on the "everything" bread that had poppyseeds, french onions, and well a little bit of everything baked into it. I will defiently be making this again, and the next time I think that I will actually take the time to bake my own bread and I know that it will be even better."
"i used sauted onion cooked with the mushrooms and added real bacon bits to mine. This was so good and a liter version of my origonal way of doing chicken alfredo subs. We just loved them and will b making them more often. It was so quick and easy."
"I doubled this recipe since I was cooking for my 3 growing boys and husband. My kids liked it but didn't love it but my hubby thought is was great. Fast and easy. I didn't put any mushrooms in it and added a little extra sour cream to make it a little saucier."