Chicken Alfredo Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 Italian rolls (6 inches), split
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce, warmed
- 1. Combine the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or a meat thermometer reads 170°, topping with red pepper strips during the last 3 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, onion powder and garlic powder; brush over cut sides of rolls. Place cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. On each roll bottom, layer 1/4 cup spinach, 1 tablespoon Alfredo sauce, a chicken breast half and another tablespoon of Alfredo sauce. Replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 459 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 817 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Alfredo Sandwiches
"I made this recipe but, I roasted my own bell pepper. It turn out great. I will be making this one again."
"I should think you could lighten it up quite a bit. use only 2-2 1/2 oz chicken breast. Grill the chicken and omit the oil and omit the butter entirely, and use a light hamburger roll (100 calorie kind)"
"This is heavy on the claories and fat. Maybe a lighter version would be better."