Everyone compliments this great meal in a sandwich, which is much easier than it looks to prepare.–Bernice Janowski of Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Recommended: 42 Slow Cooker Recipes Prepped in 15 Minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 Italian rolls (6 inches), split
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce, warmed
- Combine the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or a meat thermometer reads 170°, topping with red pepper strips during the last 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, onion powder and garlic powder; brush over cut sides of rolls. Place cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- On each roll bottom, layer 1/4 cup spinach, 1 tablespoon Alfredo sauce, a chicken breast half and another tablespoon of Alfredo sauce. Replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Alfredo Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p29
Reviews for Chicken Alfredo Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2009
"I made this recipe but, I roasted my own bell pepper. It turn out great. I will be making this one again."
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2009
"This is heavy on the claories and fat. Maybe a lighter version would be better."