Chicken Adobo Recipe
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 255 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Adobo
"This was a fantastic recipe for a quick dinner with a girlfriend of mine. Full of flavor, tender, and juicy. I've been making this recipe, or a slightly altered version of it every week since in the week."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.