Chicken Adobo Recipe
Seasonings and a splash of lime make this chicken something special, writes Carma Blosser from Livermore, Colorado. “It is also really tasty in salads and sandwiches and can also be prepared on an indoor grill.” Tip: Make extra pieces to freeze in individual servings and keep on hand for drop-in guests, Carma suggests.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 255 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Adobo
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC