Chicken A La King Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Toast points
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and salt until smooth. Add the broth and milk; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, mushrooms and pimientos; heat through. Serve with toast points. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 323 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 839 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken A La King
"My husband raved about this. Followed the recipe and ingredient list exactly. Easy and, except for the pimientos, uses all the ingredients I always keep on hand."
"This is very easy to make and quite tasty. I like to serve it over biscuits."