Chicken A La King
I copied this out of a magazine years ago while traveling with my husband, who was in the army. This is also delicious served over biscuits.—Polly Hurst, Flemingsburg, Kentucky
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Toast points
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and salt until
- smooth. Add the broth and milk; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken,
- mushrooms and pimientos; heat through. Serve with toast points.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 323 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 839 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.