- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Toast points
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and salt until smooth. Add the broth and milk; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, mushrooms and pimientos; heat through. Serve with toast points. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken A La King
"My husband raved about this. Followed the recipe and ingredient list exactly. easy and, except for the pimientos, uses all the ingredients I always keep on hand."
"This is very easy to make and quite tasty. I like to serve it over biscuits."