Chicken A La King for Four
“Canned soup makes this elegant classic so quick and easy,” shares Jennifer Eggebraaten from Hastings, Michigan, and pimientos, celery and peppers add both color and crunch. “It’s a great recipe for using up leftover chicken or turkey and one that my family really enjoys,” Jennifer adds.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 6 slices bread, toasted and halved
- In a large skillet, saute celery and green pepper in butter until
- crisp-tender. Stir in the soup, milk and pepper. Add the chicken,
- mushrooms and pimientos. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6
- minutes or until heated through. Serve with toast. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups (prepared with reduced-fat butter, reduced-fat soup and reduced-calorie bread) equals 370 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,069 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.