Chicken a la King
Comforting Chicken a la King has a thick and creamy sauce that's perfect over biscuits. “I've been making this for 30 years,” says Ruth Lee of Troy, Ontario. “It's a wonderful way to create a quick lunch or dinner with leftover chicken.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 individually frozen biscuits
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and celery in butter until
- crisp-tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually stir
- in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened.
- Add chicken and pimientos; heat through. Serve with biscuits. Yield:
- 4 servings.