Chicken A La King Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine soup, flour, pepper and cayenne until smooth. Stir in chicken, celery, green pepper and onion. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat juices run clear. Stir in peas and pimientos. Cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken A La King(15)
Sort By :
Great Weeknight Dinner. I used mixed frozen veggies, insted of just peas. I also left out the green peppers (too strong a flavor for me) and added a little chicken broth as the sauce was really thick. My crockpot only took 6 hours to cook. Nice and warm on a cold night.
I have made this several times. It is much better if you use 2 cans of cream of chicken soup so there is more sauce for over the rice. I thicken it a bit at the end with some cornstarch until it's the consistency I like. You don't want it too thick though, because the rice will soak up the tasty sauce. I add garlic and a couple diced carrots and some extra seasoning like Emeril's Essence. I add fresh parsley at the end too. This really is a good recipe.
Just like Mom's only easier because of the slow cooker.
Although tasty, it had more of a stew-like consistency, than the thick chicken a la king I remember from childhood. My husband and I actually liked it better the 2nd day after it had thickened some.
This is really good. I made some changes to reduce the fat/calories a bit. I use the 98%FF cream of chicken and a little less chicken with more veggies. I use frozen peas and carrots and add about a tsp. of garlic powder. I love slow cooker meals and this one turns out great every time.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >