I copied this out of a magazine years ago while traveling with my husband, who was in the army. This is also delicious served over biscuits.—Polly Hurst, Flemingsburg, Kentucky
Featured In: 22 Leftover Ham Recipes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Toast points
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and salt until smooth. Add the broth and milk; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, mushrooms and pimientos; heat through. Serve with toast points. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken A La King in Country Woman March/April 1997, p35
Reviews for Chicken A La King
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2015
"My husband raved about this. Followed the recipe and ingredient list exactly. Easy and, except for the pimientos, uses all the ingredients I always keep on hand."
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2010
"This is very easy to make and quite tasty. I like to serve it over biscuits."