Chicken, Pecan & Cherry Salad Recipe
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the first six vinaigrette ingredients; gradually whisk in oil until blended. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
2-1/2 cups: 414 calories, 32g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1104mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein .
Reviews for Chicken, Pecan & Cherry Salad
"My family loved this salad, I used purchased bagged lettuce blend and substituted homemade grilled chicken breast for the bagged strips. I also substituted fresh cherries, chopped for the dried cherries. It was so delicious and refreshing!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.