Chicken, Pecan & Cherry Salad
Already cooked chicken strips make this a super easy meal when I'm trying to get dinner on the table in a hurry. A rotisserie chicken from the grocery store is another road to take when time is short and hungry family members surround the table! —Kellie Mulleavy, Lambertville, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl,
- whisk the first six vinaigrette ingredients; gradually whisk in oil
- until blended. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2-1/2 cups equals 414 calories, 32 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,104 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon