Already cooked chicken strips make this a super easy meal when I'm trying to get dinner on the table in a hurry. Grabbing a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store is another road to take when time is short and hungry family members surround the table! —Kellie Mulleavy, Lambertville, Michigan
Featured In: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the first six vinaigrette ingredients; gradually whisk in oil until blended. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken, Pecan & Cherry Salad in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013, p24
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken, Pecan & Cherry Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review