Chicken, Pear & Gorgonzola Tarts Recipe
I've been experimenting with candied bacon and tried incorporating it into some of my favorite recipes.—Richard Boulanger, Williston, Vermont
- 8 bacon strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup pear nectar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried pears
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1. Place bacon in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until crisp. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over bacon. Broil 1 minute longer or until bacon is glazed and bubbly. Drain on paper towels. Cool slightly and crumble.
- 2. In a small skillet, combine the chicken, pear nectar, pears, preserves, butter, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Spoon about 1 teaspoonful of filling into each tart shell; place tarts on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 tart equals 53 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC