I threw this recipe together for a party, and it was a huge success. Everyone commented on the meat's tenderness. —Becky Wiesmore, Rochester, New York
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine chicken and 1/2 cup salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, garlic salt and rosemary; add vegetables. Seal bag toss to coat.
- Drain and discard marinades. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and vegetables.
- Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with remaining salad dressing. Yield: 8 kabobs.
Originally published as Chicken 'n' Veggie Kabobs in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p44
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Veggie Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review