- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine chicken and 1/2 cup salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, garlic salt and rosemary; add vegetables. Seal bag toss to coat.
- Drain and discard marinades. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and vegetables.
- Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with remaining salad dressing. Yield: 8 kabobs.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Veggie Kabobs
Sort By :
"Very good! I added onion and bell pepper to them!"
"This is a keeper! The veggies are the best. I used an extra 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary and garlic salt and marinated it for an hour."
"The whole family loved this, including my veggie-avoiding son, who ate every bit of it. I wonder about making it in a basket instead of on skewers...."
"For the marinade I used the Herbed Italian Dressing and the chicken was excellent. I liked using the oil, garlic and rosemary marinade for the veggies which also turned out very flavorful. We eat lots of chicken and veggies so this recipe will be used repeatedly."
"With only a few ingredients needed, this dish is so quick to put together for a busy weekday dinner. It's a great way to enjoy the summer harvest from your garden."