Chicken 'n' Veggie Kabobs
I threw this recipe together for a party, and it was a huge success. Everyone commented on the meat's tenderness. —Becky Wiesmore, Rochester, New York
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine chicken and 1/2 cup salad
- dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil,
- garlic salt and rosemary; add vegetables. Seal bag toss to coat.
- Drain and discard marinades. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers,
- alternately thread chicken and vegetables.
- Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 12-15 minutes or
- until juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with
- remaining salad dressing. Yield: 8 kabobs.
Nutritional Facts: 2 kabobs equals 445 calories, 30 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,169 mg sodium,