Chicken 'n' Summer Squash Packets Recipe
These fun meal-in-one packets are an ideal way to use up your garden bounty. Tender chicken and delightfully seasoned veggies are tucked inside each foil-wrapped pack. Sharon Salvador from Lakeport, California shares the recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cut eight 15-in. x 12-in. rectangles of heavy-duty foil; place one rectangle on top of another to make four. Divide onion slices among the four rectangles; top with chicken, mustard, zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms.
- Combine the basil, garlic powder, paprika and remaining salt and pepper; sprinkle over vegetables. Dot with butter. Fold foil around vegetable mixture and seal tightly. Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken 'n' Summer Squash Packets in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Summer Squash Packets(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >