Chicken 'n' Stuffing
This recipe provides all the fabulous flavor of a stuffed whole chicken with little fuss. It's a big hit with our son as well as other family and friends.Pamela Key, Sandy Lake, Pennsylvania
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing croutons
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In
- a bowl, combine the croutons, parsley, salt, pepper and celery
- mixture. Combine eggs and broth; pour over bread mixture and toss to
- combine. Add chicken; toss gently.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 452 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 1,189 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.