- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing croutons
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the croutons, parsley, salt, pepper and celery mixture. Combine eggs and broth; pour over bread mixture and toss to combine. Add chicken; toss gently.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Stuffing
Sort By :
Made this but omitted the eggs. Made my own chicken gravy and mashed potatoes. Layered stuffing, chicken and potatoes. Added a little gravy between the stuffing and chicken. In the oven till hot. Served with homemade gravy and cranberry sauce. Whole family loved it.
The flavor was great, but too much salt. I wouldn't add the additional salt. Other than that, my husband and I "licked the platter clean!"
Made this for company and everyone thought the recipe was great! Easy to make. Next time, I am going to make a gravy to serve with it.
Very good. I used my own chicken broth instead of canned. I baked it longer because it was pretty wet even though I reduced the broth because I had a 12 oz bag of stuffing croutons. It's probably just personal preference of how moist or dry you like your stuffing.
My family of 5 lovers it and there's enough left over for next day's lunch!