Chicken 'n' Stuffing Recipe
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing croutons
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the croutons, parsley, salt, pepper and celery mixture. Combine eggs and broth; pour over bread mixture and toss to combine. Add chicken; toss gently.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Stuffing(6)
Sort By :
The flavor was great, but too much salt. I wouldn't add the additional salt. Other than that, my husband and I "licked the platter clean!"
Made this for company and everyone thought the recipe was great! Easy to make. Next time, I am going to make a gravy to serve with it.
Very good. I used my own chicken broth instead of canned. I baked it longer because it was pretty wet even though I reduced the broth because I had a 12 oz bag of stuffing croutons. It's probably just personal preference of how moist or dry you like your stuffing.
My family of 5 lovers it and there's enough left over for next day's lunch!
Not having any leftover chicken on hand, I made this with 2 cans of chunk white-meat chicken from Sam's. It was excellent!