A sweet and spicy apricot sauce gives lots of flavor to my tender chicken entree. It's especially fast because it's made with instant rice. Serve it with crusty bread, fresh fruit and a green salad.—Diana Duda, Glenwood, Illinois
Recommended: Baking with Squash
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the orange juice, preserves, allspice, salt, pepper and ginger. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until preserves begin to melt; stir to blend.
- Place the rice in a shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; arrange chicken on top. Pour sauce over chicken and rice. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Cover and microwave at 80% power for 11-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and the rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sunny Chicken 'N' Rice in Easy Cooking for Diabetics 2007, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Rice with Apricot Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review