Chicken 'n' Rice Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored Rice-A-Roni
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions; cool. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except lettuce. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 368 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 619 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.