Chicken 'n' Rice Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored Rice-A-Roni
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions; cool. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except lettuce. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 368 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Rice Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.