Chicken 'n' Rice Salad Recipe
My duties as wife, mother and schoolteacher tend to keep me out of the kitchen. So this superbly simple salad comes in handy when dinnertime is fast approaching.
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored Rice-A-Roni
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Prepare rice according to package directions; cool. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except lettuce. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken 'n' Rice Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p10
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Rice Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review