Chicken 'n' Peppers
With garden-fresh peppers and tender chicken, this dish is perfect when your family is craving a lighter dinner. Serve it with rice and green salad
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 each medium green, yellow and sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the broth, soy sauce, garlic, cornstarch,
- ginger and cayenne pepper. Add chicken; stir to coat. Heat oil in a
- large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to
- medium. Add peppers and water; cook and stir for 5-8 minutes or
- until peppers are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with low-sodium chicken broth and soy sauce) equals 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable; also, 200 calories, 207 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 8 gm carbohydrate, 29 mg protein, 7 gm fat.