Chicken 'n' Pepper Subs
Judy White of Florien, Louisiana offers a twist on the classic Philly sandwich. Her delicious sub calls for tender chicken breast pieces smothered in onions and peppers. Topped with provolone and a mild pepper sauce, these terrific sandwiches are fun to share with a friend.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (6 ounces), cut into strips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
- 2 submarine buns, split
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, salt and pepper in oil until
- juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute the
- peppers, onion, vinegar and garlic until vegetables are tender. Stir
- in pepper sauce and chicken.
- Place cheese on bun bottoms; top with chicken mixture. Broil 4-6 in.
- from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace bun
- tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 622 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,198 mg sodium,