Chicken 'n' Pepper Subs Recipe
Judy White of Florien, Louisiana offers a twist on the classic Philly sandwich. Her delicious sub calls for tender chicken breast pieces smothered in onions and peppers. Topped with provolone and a mild pepper sauce, these terrific sandwiches are fun to share with a friend.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (6 ounces), cut into strips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
- 2 submarine buns, split
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, salt and pepper in oil until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute the peppers, onion, vinegar and garlic until vegetables are tender. Stir in pepper sauce and chicken.
- 2. Place cheese on bun bottoms; top with chicken mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace bun tops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 622 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,198 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 37 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC