I discovered this recipe quite a few years ago. It's a fast and flavorful supper that's just the right size for us "empty-nesters". But it can be easily doubled for guests.
- 1/2 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cooked dumpling egg noodles
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground paprika
- In a large bowl, combine first nine ingredients. Toss with chicken, noodles and peas. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. casserole; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken 'n' Noodles for Two in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p72
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Noodles for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review