Chicken 'n' Hash Brown Bake Recipe
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. Spread potatoes in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle chicken and mushrooms over the top. Combine the sour cream, broth, soup, bouillon, onion, red pepper and garlic; pour over mushrooms.
- 2. Sprinkle with paprika and almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 274 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 955 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.