The first time I served this dish for company was to a family with five children. The kids and the adults loved it! This is one recipe I often make for potlucks—it goes a long way, and all ages enjoy it. —Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Spread potatoes in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle chicken and mushrooms over the top. Combine the sour cream, broth, soup, bouillon, onion, red pepper and garlic; pour over mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with paprika and almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Chicken 'n' Hash Brown Bake in Taste of Home February/March 1994, p27
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Hash Brown Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review