Chicken 'n' Ham Frittata Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups chopped yellow summer squash
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped deli ham
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large ovenproof skillet, saute the onions and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the yellow squash, zucchini, peppers and ginger; cook and stir for 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the chicken and ham; cook 1 minute longer or until heated through. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, mayonnaise, horseradish and pepper until blended. Pour into skillet.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 504 calories, 40 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 286 mg cholesterol, 669 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.