Chicken 'n' Ham Frittata Recipe
Because my family is busy, we often gather for Sunday brunch to discuss plans for the upcoming week over servings of this hearty egg dish. It's colorful and special enough to prepare for holiday get-togethers, too.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups chopped yellow summer squash
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped deli ham
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large ovenproof skillet, saute the onions and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the yellow squash, zucchini, peppers and ginger; cook and stir for 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the chicken and ham; cook 1 minute longer or until heated through. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, mayonnaise, horseradish and pepper until blended. Pour into skillet.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 504 calories, 40 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 286 mg cholesterol, 669 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Ham Frittata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC