THIS SALAD has been on my menus for more than 20 years. We love it when traveling in the summer in our motor home as it so easy to fix and we carry most of the ingredients with us. It’s also a good dish for potlucks at church and other club groups. Assorted crackers and cheese are compatible accompaniments.
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken or 1 can (5 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe banana
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, grapes and strawberries. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice and honey. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in banana. Spoon onto lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken 'n' Fruit Salad in Reminisce April/May 2007, p 49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review