- at a time. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute the celery, onion and green pepper until
- tender. Add the broth, chicken and remaining paprika. Cover and
- simmer for 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove
- chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- For dumplings, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Beat egg
- and milk; stir into flour mixture and mix well. Drop dough, 2
- tablespoonfuls at a time, into simmering broth. Cover and simmer for
- 10 minutes. Remove dumplings to a serving dish and keep warm.
- For gravy, combine cornstarch and water; stir into broth. Bring to a
- boil; cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; add sour cream and parsley.
- Serve with chicken and dumplings. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.