- to cool. Strain broth; discard bay leaf and peppercorns.
- Remove chicken from bones; discard bones. Cut meat into bite-size
- pieces. Return broth to pan; skim fat. Add the chicken, noodles,
- vegetables, rice and parsley; bring to a simmer.
- For dumplings, combine the flour, baking powder, thyme and salt in a
- bowl. Combine milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients. Drop by
- teaspoonfuls onto simmering soup. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 15 minutes (do not lift the cover). Yield: 20 servings (5 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 198 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.