My nursing career keeps me busy, so easy recipes that taste great are important to me. I came up with this one by combining items I had on hand.—Pam West, Ernul, North Carolina
Recommended: How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 packages (8-3/4 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 3 cans (5 ounces each) white chicken, drained
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and broth. Stir in the muffin mixes, corn, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; mix well. Add the croutons, chicken, potato and celery mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Chicken 'N' Corn Bread Dressing in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p39
Reviews for Chicken 'N' Corn Bread Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review